I have been slapped on my face when I started the exam. My CCNA Certification was about to expire. I did not need certifications deadly, but I wanted to keep the achievements that I already had. I had booked the exam and left two weeks for preparations. In the end, I failed.
I mainly used the Cisco learning network. Some practice question sets gave an impression of the exam. There are some preparation documents too. I also found some web sites. Most of them were prepared for the BSCI exam that could also be helpful for the new route exam. Of course, these statements were valid until the exam date.
To keep it short I will summarize my findings.
- It would help to have official training documents for ROUTE exam (at least the book CCNP ROUTE 642-902 Official Certification Guide)
- Things like BGP properties, OSPF LSAs should be memorized (to know something about them is not enough)
- You should make some configuration examples on a lab or simulator on all subjects
- You should examine all related show commands (I mean in lab or simulator environment)
- Some of the questions can be time-consuming, You should be steady, sure about your answer and do not pause after answered
I am not sure if I will be able to enter this exam again before my CCNA has expired. However, I am sure I will continue to study these subjects, as I mentioned above. It is something more than certification for me now. I realized that I am dulled in years, and I have to fix this immediately.